Thank you for your interest in a career with the Glenbow Museum.
Glenbow is currently seeking to fill the role of:
Reporting to the Manager, Special Events and Museum Rentals, the Coordinator assists in the development and execution of an event strategy and framework for Glenbow Museum, and plays lead role in facility rental inquiries, bookings, and on-site execution of these bookings.
Development & Membership Events:
- Ensures events are aligned with strategy and planned and organized according to desired purpose and outcomes.
- Develops and implements effective processes and documentation for special events including an event planning and execution checklist, to ensure consistent event planning and execution.
- Works with the Manager, Special Events & Museum Rentals to design and implement a consistent process for tracking event related rsvp's and attendees where required.
- Ensures this data is managed and analyzed consistently.
- Assists in planning and organization of all events and receptions related to Development and Membership.
- Includes but not limited to: exhibition openings, premium member events, donor recognition events, membership events, stewardship events, formal prospect cultivation dinners and other events as assigned.
Signature Fundraising Event(s):
- Responsible for aiding in the planning and implementing signature fundraising event(s) to meet the fiscal year target.
- Works with the Manager, Special Events & Museum Rentals to set direction, purpose and strategy for signature event(s).
- Works with the Manager, Special Events & Museum Rentals to ensure cultivation and steward of sponsors, donors and attendees as required for each event.
- Ensures that event follow up and stewardship plans are created for each event.
- Leads the development and execution of a museum rentals strategy and framework for Glenbow Museum, with the goal of enhanced revenue generation.
- Researches best practices in facility rentals and current rental rates to ensure Glenbow's rates and programs are competitive.
- Consults with rental clients and provides assistance with respect to event planning and logistics.
- Ensures that museum rentals are a positive Glenbow experience for all clients.
Corporate Partner Events:
- Leads execution of all corporate partner events and receptions.
- Ensures corporate partners have the opportunity to customize their events and integrate positive Glenbow experiences into their events.
- Consults with corporate partners and provides assistance with respect to event planning and logistics.
- Ensures an onsite presence from the Development team during corporate events.
- Includes but not limited to: Corporate client hosting events, theatre usage, boardroom usage.
- Ensures museum rentals are appropriately resourced with staff and volunteers as required.
- Ensures appropriate billing of staff hours where required.
- Oversees all staff and volunteer resources during the planning and execution of events.
- Implements a consistent process to ensure that all Glenbow staff are appropriately informed in advance of special events and museum rentals that have the potential to impact the museum and associated programming.
- Provides consultation and assistance for other Glenbow museum events (ie. Launch Parties) as required.
- Works with the Database Administrator to set up appropriate information management and reporting for all events and museum rentals in the Raiser's Edge database.
- Uses Raiser's Edge to manage event logistics, budgets, prospects, sponsors and donors.
- Contributes to the design of all print and online communication and collateral for special events and facility rentals as required. This includes print invitations, Evites, programs, signage, donor and sponsor recognition, advertisements and other items as required.
- High school graduation and completion of a relevant hospitality-focused or event-planning diploma training program at a college or technical school
- This specialized training is often formalized and recognized by a specific certificate, diploma or license.
- At least two to three years direct work experience in event coordination or hospitality.
- A keen understanding of customer service and a willingness to enhance visitor experience.
- Direct experience with Raiser's Edge or similar, in order to coordinate client databases and/or admission & ticket sales systems.
- Experience in Development and Fundraising in a non-profit environment will be an asset.
- Experience in or understanding of public relations and marketing will be an asset.
Interested candidates may send resume and cover letter to Human Resources, Glenbow Museum, 130 â€“ 9 Ave SE, Calgary, AB, T2G 0P3, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday May 27, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.