Since Glenbow's inception in 1966, we have been a cultural cornerstone in the community, offering rich artistic and cultural experiences. Our region is evolving and growing, and it needs its cultural institutions to do the same. So in summer 2009, we began a comprehensive strategic planning process to re-invigorate the institution and ensure continued relevance and financial success. We've asked some tough questions of ourselves and met with our many stakeholders, partners and friends to hear what the community needs from us.
The result of this rigorous planning process is this strategic plan with six key priorities that provides a clear direction for Glenbow's future:
- develop a vision for programs and exhibitions as well as culture education and appreciation initiatives that respond to the needs of the community;
- clearly articulate our brand and align it with our key audiences;
- develop a business model that ensures short-term and long-term sustainability;
- foster an invigorated workforce;
- optimize our existing facilities and infrastructure; and
- develop a vision and plan for a new facility that meets the needs of our visual arts program.
The ongoing dialogue between past, present and future is relevant to everyone. Glenbow's strategic plan reflects a more relevant and dynamic institution that will attract new and larger audiences who share our passion for arts and culture. This strategic plan will help us realize our new vision — more people interacting with art, culture and ideas more often. We hope our new vision inspires you to join us for once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
More people interacting with art, culture and ideas more often.
Glenbow is a cultural cornerstone, growing generations of art and history lovers. We welcome visitors, partners and supporters to join us here, in the community and in our virtual spaces for an exchange of ideas. Our collection represents who we are, where we have been and informs our future. We show things worth seeing and tell stories worth hearing. Our programs, exhibitions and services foster learning and an appreciation of art and culture in our daily lives.
- Passionate about arts and culture
- Creativity, integrity and excellence in everything we do
- Open to new ideas
- Positive, respectful and collaborative
- Communication is shared and open