Welcome Stranger Welcome Home, 2002
- Does looking at a work of art in a literal way change our perceptions of what we see?
- If Yoon had used Caucasian models in front of the paintings, would we have a different perception of the work?
- How would your perceptions be altered?
- What does this approach say about the original integrity of each piece of work?
- What would the original artists say about what has been done here?
- What is the relationship between the background and the subject placed in front of the painting?
- What do these pieces say about us, the viewers?
- Go through your family vacation photos. Pull out those of you or family members in front of a view. Take a closer look. Analyze what you see in the same way you looked at Yoon's work.