Modern Mother, 1998
- Does it speak about how we construct personal identity? "The way we struggle for a uniqueness constructed out of the examples provided in popular media." (Arlene Stamp).
- Is our identity determined by the society in which we were born or the society in which we live?
- What makes you unique?
- How does popular media influence how you dress?
- How do you think popular media influenced how your parents dressed?
- Create a piece of art that reflects who other people think you are.
- Create another piece of art that reflects who you really are.
- Create a self-portrait with no face.