Frederick R. McDonaldBig Bear's Dilemma, Paper Promises, 1998
Big Bear was a significant leader in history who was bargaining in good faith with the Europeans.
- Who do you think should decide who has "reign" over an area of land?
- Can people ever "own" the land?
- What are the ways in which an artist can alter history?
- What is the artist saying about historic events with this painting?
- Who is the person in the painting?
- How would you describe the mood?
- How is the mood communicated?
- Use this as an example to choose an event in history that is meaningful to you and represent it visually.