Kitchen Cupboard Birds, 1980
- When you look around your room, what objects do you see? If you had to leave suddenly and had to pack 5-7 objects, which would you pack?
- How do these objects relate to you?
- How would you construct a sculpture using these objects?
- Would this be an autobiography of you or would it be a day in your life?
- Was everything constructed from clay because Schmid-Esler is a ceramicist?
- Think about the elements and principles of design and work out the scale, proportions and perspective of your objects.