- Photographs are provided for a one-time use only, unless otherwise stated.
- The sale of photographs does not automatically include permission for their reproduction. Permission for reproduction must be obtained specifically, either at the time or at a later date.
- The sale of photographs does not automatically include copyright clearance. The researcher/purchaser assumes all responsibility under the terms of the Copyright Act for use made of images secured from Glenbow Museum.
- Photographs from Glenbow Museum must be credited to Glenbow, should credit the original photographer/artist where known, and must include the photograph number.
- The author/publisher of any publication containing an illustration from Glenbow shall provide one gratis copy to Glenbow.
- Photographs shall not be copied or incorporated into the collections of any archives, library, or other repository without the written permission of the Glenbow Museum.
- Photographs shall not be retouched or altered in any way which could affect their historical or artistic integrity.
- Glenbow Museum reserves the right to approve colour separation proofs before final production.
- Advance payment or, when permitted, purchase order number for photographic reproduction is required.
- Regular delivery time varies with the complexity of assignments, size of order, and existing workload. It is recommended that orders be placed well in advance since work is generally completed in order of receipt. Rush orders will be accepted only when it is possible to handle them.
- Photographs cannot be supplied on approval or returned for credit.
For Publication / Commercial Use
A Usage Fee based on the publication print run is charged per image for publication of Glenbow Collections photographs. Publication includes all print media, TV/Film/Video, electronic media: Web, CD-ROM, etc.
The Usage Fee for publication per image includes:
- One time usage fee
- North American rights
- English and French language
Using the image(s) purely for personal or student research will exempt you from a Usage Fee. This means that the image(s) is to be used only for private enjoyment or study and may not be published, transferred, distributed in any manner whatsoever.
Using the image(s) solely for exhibition purposes requires permission and is subject to a Usage fee. Examples include and are not limited to: in a museum or interpretive centre, on an interpretive sign or plaque, or as decoration in a school, hotel, restaurant or other public area.