Historic Calgarywww.glenbow.org  

Linton's bookstore, after 1891.

James Linton is standing in the doorway.
This building was occupied by the Hudson's Bay Company from 1884 to 1891. They built a larger store on 8th Avenue and Centre Street which they occupied until their new store (their present location at 8th Avenue and 1st Street) opened in 1913.

NA-2656-1

  Back