[ Introduction | Knowledge
Hunt | Glossary | Links
A Knowledge Hunt is a fun, online scavenger hunt that will assist
you in exploring and quickly becoming familiar with one of the theme
areas in the Mavericks site. See how fast you can find the
answers to the ten questions in each Knowledge Hunt.
- What luxury items did the Csavossy brothers bring with them
- Josef Csavossy called himself Alberta's first "flying farmer."
What did he buy in 1928 to gain this nickname?
- What type of art form were Thomas and Lena Gushul known for?
- Why was Samuel Livingston trying to get to Fort Edmonton in
1864 or 1865?
- Sam Livingston occupied and cultivated his land but did not
hold the legal title for it. What is a person called who did this?
- In 1912, how much did James Mah Poy have to pay as a "head
tax" to bring his wife to Canada?
- What is Florence Losandro famous for?
- Emilio Picariello was known as a "bootlegger." What
does this mean?
- What was Morris Schumiatcher known for making?
- What book did Mary T.S. Schäffer Warren have published