With over 90,000 square feet chock-full of art, culture and history, we guarantee that you and your family will never get bored at Glenbow. If anything, you might be wondering where to start! Here are a few suggestions to get you on your way to a day of unforgettable adventures and creativity.
Get Creative in the Discovery Room
At Glenbow, we believe art is for everyone. Visitors of all ages are invited to explore their creativity with hands-on art activities in our Discovery Room on the second floor.
While you’re there, grab an Exploration Guide and Scavenger Hunt List from one of our educators. It’s a great way to discover some of the coolest stories in the museum!
Take a moment to lie down on the gallery floor to see things from a whole new perspective.
Get the whole family talking by asking questions like:
- What is it made of? Why do you think the person who made it chose that material?
- How was it made? What do you think the process of making it was like?
- Use your imagination to explore something with all five senses. When you look at this object/artwork, what do you see? What do you hear? What do you smell and taste? What do you feel?
- Play “I spy” with an artwork or in a gallery. What did you spy and why did that thing catch your eye?
- How does this object or artwork make you feel?
- Artworks and objects often have a story to tell. Do any of your belongings or things that you’ve made tell stories about you and your life?
Take a Tour
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to speed on all the exciting activities coming up at Glenbow, including special family-friendly behind-the-scenes tours. And, be sure to keep an eye out for free pop-up micro-tours when exploring our exhibitions.
Take a Snack Break
While food and drink aren’t allowed inside the galleries (to protect the art and objects from spills and pests) you’re welcome to eat in the lobby areas of the museum. Or, feel free to check out one of the many nearby coffee shops and restaurants. Your admission is valid for the entire day!