[ Project Plans | Essential
Questions | Knowledge Hunt | Glossary
| Links ]
Essential questions are the "big ideas" that are used
to engage students and reflect the core or the essence of the topic
being studied. Included are essential questions pertaining to each
theme area, as well as questions that relate to exploring the whole
Mavericks site. These questions can provide many possible
ideas as to how students can examine Alberta history.
Questions specific to Politics
- How does our government reflect our ideas of what it means to
be an "Albertan?"
- Why do we need government?
- What traits should we look for in a good politician?
- Why can't we just all agree?
- How can we make our government better?
- What would you do to become the next maverick politician?
- If you were the premier, what programs and policies would you
use to address a current political issue?
- Why do you agree or disagree with the political policies of
a specific politician or political party?
- How can I make a difference on how decisions are made for my
- What would the perfect politician be like?
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- Is the media fair to politicians?
- What can we do to bring about change in our society?
- What makes people perceive a government as effective or ineffective?
General questions that apply throughout