[ Project Plans | Essential
Questions | Knowledge Hunt | Glossary
| Links ]
Essential questions are the "big ideas" that are used
to engage students and reflect the core or the essence of the topic
being studied. Included are essential questions pertaining to each
theme area, as well as questions that relate to exploring the whole
Mavericks site. These questions can provide many possible
ideas as to how students can examine Alberta history.
Questions specific to Post Haste
- How has Alberta changed in the past 100 years?
- Has Alberta changed for the better in the past 100 years?
- Where will the story of Alberta go next? What does our future
- What will Alberta look like on its bicentennial in 2105?
- Should Alberta's heritage be preserved?
- Should taxpayer money be used to fund institutions like museums,
zoos, or heritage sites?
- How have the arts changed over time?
- How has the West been depicted by artists, writers, singers,
playwrights, and other artists?
General questions that apply throughout