[ Project Plans | Essential
Questions | Knowledge Hunt | Glossary
| Links ]
Essential questions are the "big ideas" that are used
to engage students and reflect the core or the essence of the topic
being studied. Included are essential questions pertaining to each
theme area, as well as questions that relate to exploring the whole
Mavericks site. These questions can provide many possible
ideas as to how students can examine Alberta history.
Questions specific to War & the Homefront
- Why do we have wars?
- How can humans avoid conflicts between cultures or nations?
- How did Albertans contribute to the war efforts?
- What effects did war have on Alberta and its people?
- Do we have to fight wars? Is it ever justified to go to war?
- When is it appropriate for a country to use military force?
- Is it ever appropriate for one country to get involved in the
internal affairs of another country?
General questions that apply throughout