Volunteers are vital to the work we do at Glenbow. Thanks to hundreds of dedicated individuals, we’ve had a strong volunteer program for 50 years.
Through their dedication and enthusiasm, we’re able to enhance our programs, better manage our collections, and provide visitors with a great experience.
Glenbow volunteers help in all areas of the museum. They can be found on the frontlines, serving visitors in various programs or the Glenbow Shop, and behind-the-scenes, helping maintain our collections. Our volunteers are all ages, come from all backgrounds, and are passionate about sharing their time, talents and energy. Some volunteers have been with us for over 20 years and continue to volunteer regularly!
Volunteers support activities in the Discovery Room, where visitors of all ages enjoy art activities and explore the ideas featured in Glenbow exhibitions.
Programs and Special Events
Opportunities to assist as refreshment servers, greeters, registration sign-in, activities tables, tour escorts, set up and take down at a variety of events including exhibition openings, ticketed special events, or behind-the-scene tours. Special certifications may be required.
Volunteers assist with records management, numbering and storing artifacts, moving items, completing research and more, depending on the needs of the staff.
As a Glenbow volunteer you may be able to:
- Gain experience working within a non-profit Arts and Culture organization
- Gain experience working with the public
- Attend exclusive lectures and discussions
- Learn about the behind-the-scenes operations of a museum
- Network with like-minded individuals who inspire continual learning
Additionally, you will be provided with:
- Free access to the museum on the day of volunteering
- 2 free guest passes every 20 volunteer hours donated
- Free annual membership once 100 volunteer hours donated
- Annual Volunteer Recognition Events and ongoing programs
If you’re interested in becoming a Glenbow volunteer and would like to learn more about current volunteer opportunities, please download our Volunteer Interest Form and email your completed form to email@example.com.