This project was funded in part by the Alberta Historical Resources Foundation
Art and poetry are highlighted in this package allowing students to recognize the ever changing environment and how artists include this concept of transformation in their work.
This educator's package presents insightful information about Glenbow's collection of Historical, Modern and Contemporary Art. The information encourages students to examine artwork from the Glenbow Museum's collection and look carefully and critically in order to create dialogue and thoughtful discussions about the art, its purpose and how its role has evolved throughout the years.
For each package our team of curators and educators have selected additional artworks and artifacts from our online collection database that can be used in conjunction with the teacher's guide and lesson plan. You can access all of the objects that were selected for this package by clicking here.
Included in this guide are:
- Information on the Art Collections including high-resolution photographs, online and print readings and resources.
- Lesson plans including discussions for looking at primary sources, curriculum connections and lesson plans for a variety of ages and abilities.
- Detailed listing of vocabulary and concepts.
- Suggested sources for further research and other information.
Table of contents
- History of Glenbow Museum
- Program purpose
- Educational guide purpose
- Education Module [792 K]
- Lesson Plan
Recommended grades: 3-6
Transformation and Change [809 K]
- Lesson Plan
Recommended grades: 7-12
Preservation of Transformation [774 K]
- Acknowledgements [252 K]
- Readings and Resources [224 K]
- Full teaching package
Download the full package [1.3 M]
- Contributors [458 K]